Thursday, July 22, 2010

wow i didnt think that this wuld happen The birth of Isleena Rose LunsFord

So where do i start? I gess from the begging..
so im a teen mom, wen i found out i was pregnant i was terrified on saint pattys day i found out i was having a little girl. My pregnancy was hard, i keept having horrible head aches, blurry vision and nausea and it felt like i was goin into labor all the time, in and out of the hospital with horrible contractions. The kept sending me home sayin im dehydrated. I woke up one morning all swollen mind u i was a 90 pound girl b4 i was preg i got up to 148 because of all my water weight, i went to see my dr n he sent me to Labor and Delivery. Thats where the nightmare began. they said i had preclamcia or well known as toxemia. It got so bad i had deadly high blood pressure i hd to b put on mag just to keep me from having seizures. I was there for 4 days in misery till finally my dr gave me a choice, either get induced or have a C-Section, i chose inducing. i was in labor for over 15 hours before my blood pressure was 200 over 105, i was at risk of dieing so i had to go into emergency surgery. I was so scared, i was only 7 months along, wondering wats goin to happen to my baby because shes early, wondering is she goin to be ok? I had my beautiful 3 lbs 12 oz 17 in long daughter at 11:41 on jun 13 2010. But, thats not where it ends, i got to see her briefly after she was born, then she went strait up to the NICU. I was in the hospital for 3 more days, my dr n i fighting the nurses to let me see my baby because my blood pressure was still very high they wuldnt let me go wen my dr wasnt around. After a numerous amount of blood pressure med changes they sent me home, without my baby because she was so little and she had jondus she had to stay in the NICU she didnt have all the problems they anticipated she wuld have. She was off oxygen in less than a day. She had to have a feeding tube because she hadn't quite accepted the concept of suck, swallow, breath. I was up and down from the hospital 5 or 6 times a day to visit my beautiful angel that i forgot to pump for 6 hours at a time. I finally ended up getting sick with mastitis witch is a condition that women get if they dont pump every 2 to 3 hours. It got so bad that i had a fever of 105, vomiting, not being able to wake up and wen i was awake i was in so much agonizing pain i just wanted to sleep. I went to the hospital and they admitted me AGAIN, this time before they found out i had mastitis they did all sorts of horrible testing such as a spinal tap. NO FUN! Every day i was there i had to begg the nurses to let me se my baby but the anwser was always no because i had a fever of 105. Wen i finally had enuf i just decided wen i had a slight fever of 99 i asked to be discharged before it went back up again. So again i went home and again without my baby. I went thru a horrible depression only wanting to be up at the hospital with her and wen i wasnt with her i was home sleeping nothing more. On July 2nd the night nurse told me that it was a very high possibility that my baby was coming home on the 4th, needless to say i was excited. The 4th came and went still no baby, Wen i went to the hospital on the 5th the dr was there and i asked wen she was coming home, right as i was asking that he was filling out her discharged papers. Isleena's(my daughter) father and i took a quick CPR class then right after we were able to take her home.



That was the best day of my life bringing my beautiful 4 lb then daughter. Thats wen real motherhood began for me. The real challenge. being at the beck and call of a baby that will soon shortly before my very eyes become a beautiful young woman. I will cherish these years and do my very best for her as her mother. Im a very blessed teen mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment